Σάββατο 21 Ιουνίου 2014

I LAUGH UNTIL I SLEEP AND I SLEEP UNTIL I WAKE....IMPOSSIBLE TASK'S

If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you, and you'll never learn.
RAY BRADBURY, Fahrenheit 451
Half the fun of the travel is the esthetic of lostness.
RAY BRADBURY, attributed, Emily the Strange: Piece of Mind
The television, that insidious beast, that Medusa which freezes a billion people to stone every night, staring fixedly, that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little.
RAY BRADBURY, attributed, Ray Bradbury: Uncensored!
I am the dreamer and the doer
I the hearer and the knower
I the giver and the taker
I the sword and the wound of sword.
If this be true, then let sword fall free from hand.
I embrace myself.
I laugh until I weep
And weep until I smile ...
RAY BRADBURY, Christ, Old Student in a New School
Some people turn sad awfully young. No special reason, it seems, but they seem almost to be born that way. They bruise easier, tire faster, cry quicker, remember longer and, as I say, get sadder younger than anyone else in the world. I know, for I'm one of them.
RAY BRADBURY, Fahrenheit 451
I often use the metaphor of Perseus and the head of Medusa when I speak of science fiction. Instead of looking into the face of truth, you look over your shoulder into the bronze surface of a reflecting shield. Then you reach back with your sword and cut off the head of Medusa. Science fiction pretends to look into the future but it’s really looking at a reflection of what is already in front of us. So you have a ricochet vision, a ricochet that enables you to have fun with it, instead of being self-conscious and superintellectual.
RAY BRADBURY, The Paris Review, spring 2010
Science-fiction balances you on the cliff. Fantasy shoves you off.
RAY BRADBURY, introduction, The Circus of Dr. Lao
If you can't read and write you can't think. Your thoughts are dispersed if you don't know how to read and write. You've got to be able to look at your thoughts on paper and discover what a fool you were.
RAY BRADBURY, Salon.com, Aug. 29, 2001
Digression is the soul of wit. Take the philosophic asides away from Dante, Milton or Hamlet's father's ghost and what stays is dry bones.
RAY BRADBURY, Coda
People ask me to predict the future, when all I want to do is prevent it.
RAY BRADBURY, Beyond 1984: The People Machines
Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you're there.
RAY BRADBURY, Fahrenheit 451

Read more at http://www.notable-quotes.com/b/bradbury_ray_ii.html#okwGW34xrpUDX5LB.99

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου